Monday, November 23, 2015

West Baden

Remember how I told you Andy and I escaped for a weekend without the kiddos.  Well, we ended up going to West Baden.  We had gone several years ago, for my Grandpa's 80th birthday, but we didn't stay in the resort.  This time, we decided to splurge and treat ourselves for our anniversary and also meet up with friends to celebrate Chad's birthday.

West Baden definitely did NOT disappoint.  It was a beautiful resort and the weather was gorgeous.  After we dropped the kids off at my sister's, we made our way down to French Lick.  We used Trip Advisor and found a little sandwich joint in Martinsville that had the absolute best tenderloin sandwich I have ever had!  After a nice drive through the country, we checked in, took a walk around the hotel, and then Andy took a nap while I hit the gym.  We met up with our friends later that night and then enjoyed dinner and the casino.

The next day was so pretty, so we ate a late breakfast, walked the grounds, explored the French Lick Resort, and then capped off the trip with a surrey ride.  I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard.  Those things are SO deceiving...they look much, much easier to ride than they actually are!  You rent them for an hour at a time, but I think we had ours returned within the first 20 minutes, ha ha!  We were laughing so hard that we could hardly pedal...and, if we weren't laughing, the people watching us were laughing.  To say it was hysterical would be an understatement!  After that, we had worked up an appetite, so we ate dinner and then it was time to head back home to get the boys.  It was a short trip but it was so fun and definitely made some memories that we will never forget!


 The resort

Inside the atrium!

 These are from the front porch.  I can only imagine what this looks like in the spring and summer!

 We rode the trolley over to the French Lick Resort, about a mile away.

 Here's our sweet ride, lol!  Andy took this pic...we didn't think to have someone else take it.
These two pictures sum up the surrey ride pretty well.  We figured out (after we were done) that the 2 seater surreys were MUCH easier to pedal, but you can see that we were still laughing hysterically, even on these!  I think I figured out why it was so hard to pedal...I'm not sure one can laugh and pedal at the same time!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment