This is what the kitchen looked like before starting!
I had done this before (you can check those recipes out here), so I decided to use a few of those that I liked and then I also found another website with some recipes that I wanted to try. Throw in a meatloaf recipe from memory, and we had 38 meals done in about four hours!
I always want to give credit where credit is due, so here are the original websites with the recipes:
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html
From this website, we made:
Chicken broccoli alfredo
Chicken cacciatore
I've made all of the recipes from this link though and can vouch for all of them...they're yummy!
http://joelandkitty.com/4o-freezer-meals-in-about-4-hours/
From this website, we made:
Manicotti
Sweet and sour chicken
Chicken tacos
Orange teriyaki chicken
The rest of the recipes looked good, but we were going for fast recipes! The ones we didn't make seemed a bit time intensive for our evening, so we thought we'd do those another time.
We also added Teriyaki Pork. I'm not sure where I found this recipe at, so I'm not sure who to give credit to.
Teriyaki Pork
2-3 lbs boneless pork chops cut into small pieces.
1 medium onion sliced
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 cup water
Step 1: After chopping the meat into bite sized pieces add it and all the ingredients to a gallon sized freezer bag.
Step 2: Freeze and then defrost in fridge the night before serving. Cook on high for 4 hours. Serve over rice with veggies.
We also made our favorite meatloaf recipe. We use ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, eggs, liquid smoke, and salt and pepper. Mix it all together and form into loaves.
We multiplied the recipes this way:
Chicken broccoli alfredo x 6
Chicken cacciatore x 6
Manicotti - this recipe makes enough for 6 (no need to multiply it)
Sweet and sour chicken x 4
Chicken tacos x 4
Orange teriyaki chicken x 4
Teriyaki pork x 4
Meatloaf x 4



No comments:
Post a Comment