We put the decorations up after Thanksgiving, I've been wrapping presents like crazy, the boys have been watching Christmas movies each night, and our famous little elf "Mickey" has returned once again to make sure the boys are being good! I'm sure Santa is getting quite an ear full from him each night, ha ha!
I need to take some more pictures of the house, because the boys were so proud to help me decorate it. Ben was a huge help this year with the tree. He hung almost all of the ornaments on the lower half. Kyran wasn't as into it when we were putting it up, but as you can see from this picture, he's had fun looking for different ornaments and trying to find the hidden pickle!
Earlier in November our whole family got together to take family pictures. I think they turned out great and I had a lot of fun trying to figure out which ones to use on the Christmas card. These two were my favorites. I love the sunshine in them and how something has obviously caught Kyran's eye...it just captures his little personality perfectly, and Ben and his little grin and dimples melt my heart. I count my blessings often, but when I see a photo of us, it just brings it all into perspective. Family is everything and I'm so blessed to have Andy and these little boys in my life. So lucky!
I love this last picture! I can't remember the last time we've had a "professional" picture of all of us. We're a wild and crazy bunch, for sure. We can be fighting one minute and hugging the next, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Those two people on the tractor sure laid a good foundation. They gave us the love and support that we needed but let us make our own mistakes. They taught us that actions come with consequences, and they encouraged us to be thinkers, do-ers, and givers. Above all, they taught us to stand on our own two feet, treat others as we want to be treated, and make a difference, no matter how big or small it may be. My family...just one more blessing that I count each day!





No comments:
Post a Comment