Monday, January 28, 2013

Get Ready, Get Set...Freeze!

I'm trying my hardest to be as prepared as I can for baby number 2.  Last night, I put 12 pounds of ground beef in two of my crock-pots and let it cook up.  I drained it and bagged it in 1 lb. bags and stuck it all in the freezer. 

Today, I had to go get groceries for the week, so I thought I'd get some extra stuff to make some freezer meals for us after the baby arrives.  I found a great website www.sixsistersstuff.com which had 8 meals that could be made in 1 hour (that's my kind of cooking)!  The actual link to the recipes can be found at http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-freezer-meals-make-8-meals.html

Needless to say, I was thrilled...so, one trip to the grocery and one hour later, I had the following meals in my freezer:



Hearty Beef Stew
Cilantro Lime Chicken
BBQ Ribs (I did two of these)
Black Bean Taco Soup
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Chicken Cacciatore (I did two of these)
Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken (two of these, too)

I also found a recipe for Balsamic Drumsticks on another website (I can't remember where).  It was 8 drumsticks, 1 T. honey, 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar, and 3 T. soy sauce...super easy!  I did two of these as well.

12 meals in the freezer should hopefully come in handy after the little guy or gal gets here in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment