Saturday, March 19, 2011

Some fun in the sun!

Another beautiful day!  I don't know about you, but I really think Spring is finally here (or at least just right around the corner)!  Andy took off this morning to a farm sale, so Ben and I were home alone.  The weather was too nice to stay inside, so we headed out to enjoy the sunshine.  We started with a 4-wheeler ride over to Papaw and Grannie's house. Grandpa Jim delivered our new (to us) mower yesterday, and it was in Papaw's shed.  I was itching to take it for a test drive.  Ben loves to drive ANYTHING so he was more than happy to "drive" the 4-wheeler over and then "drive" the mower back.  When we got home, he was not very happy that we weren't driving anymore, so he decided to pretend!


While Ben was pretending, I was raking out my flowerbeds.  It's always nice to see my tulips and iris's poking up through the mulch...speaking of mulch, I'm definitely going to need some more this year!  Anyway, after cleaning out the beds we decided to work on the sticks in the yard.  Ben is quite the stick-picker-upper :)  He was very quick to point out the sticks, pick them up and then hand them to me...definitely a perk of having a little helper!



We lasted about 30 minutes picking up sticks before it was time to play, play, play.  Ben wanted EVERY toy out of the garage...the tractor, the bubble mower, the car, the rakes, the broom, etc...as I was trying to clean the garage, he was busy tearing out more stuff :)  It did keep him busy though, so I won't complain too much!  A happy boy makes for a happy mommy!




No comments:

Post a Comment