Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kitchen Connection

I'm going to try something new here on the blog...posting a recipe each week (hopefully on Wednesdays) as a middle of the week "pick-me-up". I don't know about all of you, but it seems like my dinner menus tend to lose some steam by the middle of the week. I always have good intentions to create beautiful, delicious culinary creations each night but usually end up with something along the lines of baked chicken and veggies (I know...a real show stopper, huh)!

Anyway, in an effort to rejuvenate myself each week, I'll hopefully be posting a dish (or two) that are favorites around our household.

This week - Quick and Easy Mustard Crusted Pork Roast

2 lb. pork roast
2 T. spicy mustard
1 c. garlic croutons, crushed

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Season roast with salt and pepper. Roast in shallow pan for 30 minutes. Cover with mustard and sprinkle with crouton crumbs. Roast for another 10-15 minutes more, or until the meat thermometer reads 155 degrees in the center of the roast. Allow meat to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Does your Home Ec class share recipes?

    ReplyDelete