So, since I use this blog as a scrapbook for our lives, I feel like I have to write down what happened yesterday. As a friend on Facebook said, "write it down...you'll never believe it in a few years"!
Yesterday was Ben's third birthday, and it started our on a perfect note. We woke up late, ate pancakes and blueberries for breakfast, and then he headed off to the babysitter's for his birthday party there. Since I was without the birthday boy, I thought it would be nice to go take my sister out to lunch. We had a great lunch and then I went shopping (my favorite hobby).
I started feeling a little sick while I was shopping, but I just thought it was being tired, and the lunch I ate. I came home, decorated Ben's cake, and laid down for a quick nap before picking Ben up. Stacey, Jason, and the girls were coming over for dinner and a birthday party, so I needed to rest up!
I woke up feeling terrible! On top of that, Andy called and said that his flight home from Kansas City had been cancelled, so he was thinking they were just going to rent a car and drive home. I picked Ben up and when I came home, Stacey, J and the girls were there. I felt absolutely horrible, so I thought a shower would help...let's just say, it didn't! Stacey was so sweet, she quickly loaded up all the kids and took the cake and headed to her house for the night. Ugh!
I felt better in an hour, so I loaded up the meal that I made for everyone and went to Stacey's house. They had to stop and get pizza on the the way home, so I thought at least I could give them dinner for the next night. I made it in time to watch Ben blow out the candles and open his present! He was excited, and didn't know that his mommy was sick and his daddy was driving eight hours home!
We finally settled in to enjoy a night of relaxation when.......the power went out! UGH! So, dark house, three little kids, and one flashlight...fun, fun, fun. Jason got called on a fire run, so Stacey and I were left with the kiddos. Jason called and said every one's lights were coming on, so we should get power soon (this is around 9:30). At 10:00, we call Duke Energy to see what's going on. Everyone around us has power, so we're wondering if they just forgot us. They said we should have power by midnight, so we decided to just go to bed and wait, and wait, and wait!
At 1:30, still no power. Stacey has a bruised eye from Addie rolling over and knocking her in the face :) Ben is on the couch because it was too hot upstairs for him to sleep, and Jason is still on the fire run. Duke has been out to the house checking things out, but still no power. So, Jason heads into town to flag them down and see what's going on. Basically, they said there was a line down and there were only two houses without power (Stacey's was one), and they were hoping to have it back on by the morning. Needless to say, we loaded up the kids (they weren't sleeping well anyway), and headed to my house at 2:30! Everyone was back in bed by 3:00 and finally asleep...that is until Andy comes in at 5:00 and wakes me up to say he's home.
Now, don't get me wrong, I was so glad to know he got home safely, but I was SO tired! When he woke me back up at 7:00 to ask me where his Purdue shirt was, I was just about to go crazy...but, thankfully, Ben slept until 9:30, so we all survived :)
Let's just say, this won't be a birthday I soon forget, but I wanted to be sure and write it down so that I can look back 10 years from now and laugh about how crazy the night was! Oh, and I forgot to tell you that they called and said Stacey's electricity came back on....just as we were pulling in my driveway! HA!
What we’ve been up to
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment