Sunday, March 4, 2012

Friday Five

Number 1 - Thank goodness for barbers!
A couple of weeks ago, I thought I could give Ben a haircut.  It was a Sunday afternoon, and I didn't feel like going in to town just to get his hair cut, but it was REALLY bothering me how shaggy he was looking.  Needless to say, I am NOT a barber, nor should I ever be one!  Thank goodness he only had to have a bad haircut for a few days, until he and Daddy could get in to see the real professionals!  I don't have any pictures of my handy work (that did not need to be documented), but here's a picture of his new haircut.  You'll probably notice it's much shorter than normal...it had to be to fix all of the mistakes that I made! :)



Number 2 - Spring is in the air...
If you're anything like me, you're being bombarded with gardening catalogs right now.  I'm definitely getting the itch to get out in my flowerbeds and start planting my vegetable garden.  Of course, it's too early yet to do much, but I did find a great website that tells you what vegetable plants are companion plants (which ones to plant next to each other), and which plants are enemies.  You can find the article here.

Number 3 - Lessons in the Kitchen
Last week I was looking for an idea to keep Ben busy while I made dinner.  I put all of my pots and pans with lids out in the kitchen...separating the lids from the pans.  Then, Ben went to work putting them all back together.  A little lesson in the kitchen :)



Number 4 - For all the quilters out there...
I can't take credit for this, I'm not a very good quilter.  But, my friend Sarah has a grandma-in-law who is a great quilter.  She made Sarah one of these quilt squares a few months ago, and as soon as I saw it, I asked Sarah is she thought Barb would make one for me.  She said yes, and now I have a wonderful memory of Ben's childhood!  That's Ben's handprint on there...so sweet, and something I'll cherish forever!!!  Thank you Barb!



Checking it out!

Number 5 - Another idea for toddlers
I found this idea at this from Stephanie Klein's website, which you can find here.  As the daughter of a painter, I've seen my fair share of paint chips throughout the years.  This is a great idea to work on color recognition, matching skills, and fine motor skills.  All you need are some paint chips, clothes pins, and some glue!


No comments:

Post a Comment