Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kitchen Connection - Zucchini Spaghetti

As promised, here is the recipe for Zucchini Spaghetti.  I can't take the credit for this one, I got it from the Nutri-Medical diet.  It really is very tasty, and very healthy!  Hope you like it!




Zucchini noodles:

6-8 medium zucchini
1 T. olive oil

Cut ends from zucchini.  With a vegetable peeler, or sharp knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise to make "noodles".  I cut mine like matchsticks, but I think next time I'll just use my mandoline slicer and slice them in rounds.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add olive oil and zucchini and saute until tender-crisp.  Remove from heat and keep warm.

Spaghetti sauce:

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
2 T. tomato paste (I used tomato paste with Italian seasonings in it)
1/2 c. water
1 pkt. Splenda or other sugar substitute
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. Italian seasoning
1/2 t. dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef with onions and garlic.  Drain off grease.  Add in other ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.  Serve over zucchini.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment