Friday, January 13, 2012

Random Thoughts on a Snowy Night...

It's 8:30 on a Friday night, I've already had dinner, showered, I'm in my PJ's, and am currently whitening my teeth as I write this...don't worry, it's OK to envy my exciting life! :) 

Anyway, do you ever have those days where you just have random thoughts?  Today was one of those days.  It's cold outside, snowing and blowing, and my mind just keeps wandering. 

"Why is my storm door frosted on the inside?  Is that normal?"

"Will this recipe for "zucchini" spaghetti really be as good as it looks?"

"Is my husband REALLY planning our vacation this summer?  I thought that was always my job..."

"What can I do to make my basement more functional?"

These are just a few of the questions that crossed my mind today (and that was in a 60 minute period)!  But, you know what else crossed the path of my brain today? 

"Call Mom, she probably would like to catch up on what's been going on"

"Check in on my sister and see if her girls are feeling better"

"Put a stamp on that card that has been sitting on the counter all week...it will probably do more good in the home of the person it's addressed to!"

"Make sure and read extra books to Ben tonight, since he only got one story last night."

Looking at both lists of random thoughts, I have to think that the second one is a bit more important.  Yes, I am concerned that my storm door is flawed (or maybe it's just the SUB-ZERO weather we're having...yuck)!  And yes, it's true that I would like to make my basement better.  But, between all of these thoughts, I can tell you without a doubt, that it was sure nice to talk to my mom and sister today, and you can bet that Ben's going to get a couple extra stories tonight from this mommy!

I say, let's take time to think about our random thoughts every day...I bet we all have people to call, stories to read, and cards to send...and maybe, if we're lucky, some delicious "zucchini" spaghetti to fix (it actually was pretty tasty, but that's another blog post)!

Good night all!  Happy random thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment