Saturday, October 1, 2016

Family Work Day - Take 4

Our family work day was scheduled for October 1st, and we were SO excited for that date to get here.  We had gone back and forth on projects that we wanted to complete and finally settled on rebuilding the playhouse, cleaning the basement, painting the playroom, and painting the bathroom.  We had some lofty goals, but with the help of my family and Andy's family even came for part of the day, we were able to get almost every single project completed!  Here are some pics so you can see the progress.

 The playhouse was by far the biggest project of the day, and I think everyone worked on it in some form or another, at some point in the day.  This playhouse was originally built for Eric and I by my Dad, Matt, and my Grandpa Walsh.  It was given to us on Christmas of 1988, so to say it's lived a life is a bit of an understatement.  It's gone from playhouse to pool house to garden shed to storage shed (all at my parents) and then finally came to rest at our home a couple years ago.  I have big dreams for it to be a playhouse/pool house for us, and I think we're definitely on our way to making that happen!




 The kiddos were on "food and drink" patrol...here are a couple fine helpers making some dirt pudding cups.

 My Mom, sister, and sister-in-law spent a lot of their time transforming my bathroom from cool blue to warm orange.  It was a HUGE change, but I have to say that I am in love with the color!



The "almost" finished product...just need to put the stuff back in.

 I spent the majority of my day in the basement (with my sis) cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! I couldn't believe how much stuff we hauled out of there and how nice it looked when we were finished.  The only thing left to do down there is paint the walls and put in some carpet.  


 Of course, it can't be all work and NO play!  The kiddos made sure to get lots of cousin time in during the day...always making good memories!








I can't say it enough...without my family, I don't know where I'd be!  I sometimes take my family for granted, and I shouldn't.  I am so very lucky to have parents and siblings and in-laws that realize the true meaning of family and stick together through thick and thin!  Many hands make light work and my family truly has many, many hands!  I love them dearly and am so very thankful for all that they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment