Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Happy Easter, just a few weeks late!

Things have been rush, rush, rush around here, so this blog post is pretty late.  However, I want to be sure and include it in the blog so that the boys will have pictures to look back on in the years to come, lol!  We started our Easter weekend with taking the boys to my parent's on Wednesday night, so that Andy and I could head out to a sheep show/sale in Richmond the next day.  The boys were absolutely thrilled, because 1, they love Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Jim so much (probably more that us) and 2, Ben got to "skip" school on Thursday, which was an added bonus!

After the sheep sale, on Saturday, we headed up north to spend the rest of the weekend with my parents.  Andy's parents and his Grandma Queenie came up to join us, too.  They've been able to join us the past few years, which makes Easter even more special.  It's great for our boys to be able to share holidays together, with both sets of grandparents, and I'm very thankful.  Believe me, I understand how unique and blessed we are to have this situation.  Our boys get to make memories with all four of the people that mean so much to them, at the same time...how lucky they are!  I hope that as they grow older, they realize how special these moments are.  But, even better than the memories they're making, is the fact that we all got to celebrate together the risen Lord.  There is nothing better than the love of Christ and the fact that he died for us.  Happy, happy Easter (even if it is a few weeks late)!












No comments:

Post a Comment