Thursday, August 28, 2014

Playing Catch-up!

Well, we're officially back to school...soooooooooo, that means I'm behind in my blogging (I know, I know, not a huge surprise)!

We had a big milestone in our family last week.  Ben started preschool!  Wow, I still have a hard time saying it because it means he's growing up way too fast.  He loves it, of course, which makes me so happy, but secretly I wish he'd come home and just tell me how much he missed me!  In all seriousness though, I am thrilled that he enjoys school.  It makes life so much easier when they want to go!  He's been on green each day, so we're off to a good start...hopefully he'll keep it up!


I know this one is a bit blurry, but I love this look...can you just see him saying "Ok, Mom!  I've got it!"


Ben and I also went to Mom and Dad's a couple weekends ago to attend the Annual St. Ann's Fish Fry.  This was the 50th anniversary for the fish fry, so it was quite a big deal!  I've worked several in my 34 years of life, everything from refilling drinks to carrying fish, and I love it.  It's always a good night seeing people that I haven't seen in a year.  Lots of smiles and laughter!  This year was extra special because Ben got to "work" at it.  He started out in quality control in the back room (which just meant he ate a lot fish...he said one batch was just a little too hot, ha ha)!  Then, he graduated to helping Grandma Debbie fill up the veggie trays.  He was a good little trooper and worked clear to the end!
We also celebrated Andy's birthday on the 14th!  We started the night with preschool "Back to School" night, so that was lots of fun with Ben.  Then, I got a sitter and took Andy to his favorite Chinese restaurant...just a nice quiet dinner for the two of us.  No pictures of the birthday boy (funny, he's not as cooperative as the little guys are when it comes to photos)!

Well, that was just a quick little recap of August.  I can't believe we're heading into the Labor Day weekend.  Where has the month gone???  Hopefully we can all find some time this weekend to relax and enjoy the last few days of summer...I think fall is right around the corner, and personally, I'm ok with that!  Bring on the bonfires, the cool nights, the pumpkins and the changing leaves...I'm ready for my favorite season. 

Enjoy the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment