Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I finally did it!

I've been wanting to try my hand at making my own laundry soap for awhile, and tonight, I finally did it.  Yes, you guessed it, I found a recipe for it on Pinterest (where else would I have found it)? :)

The idea came from www.beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com.  Her directions were so easy to follow!

I had to document it with pictures (of course), so here is how it's done.

First, get the right ingredients (all of this cost less than $20.00 at Walmart):


  • 3 lbs. of Oxi-Clean
  • 4 lb. 12 oz box of Borax
  • 4 lb. box of baking soda
  • 55 oz. box of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
  • 3 bars of Fels-Naptha

Second, grate the Fels-Naptha bars.


Third, throw it all in a big bucket and mix it up...that's it!  How easy is this.  From start to finish, it took me less that 30 minutes to make the whole batch (and that included the mini photo session).

Here is the finished product, which should be enough to last me 9-12 months (all for less than $20.00)!!! 



According to the original blogger, she said to use 1-2 Tbs. per load.  It's safe for HE machines too!  Just make sure you put it directly in the drum if you have an HE machine.  Can't wait to try it out!

2 comments:

  1. Been doing it and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad to know someone who does it, and that it works well! Just started a load, so we'll see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete