Right in the path of the new highway is a house that everyone going north or south on 25 passes, and many may notice it's beautiful old barn (you can close your eyes and imagine what it must have looked like when it was new).
This house holds a special place in my heart, because I remember driving by with my grandpa several years ago. He told me, as we passed by, that his grandparents had lived in that home. They didn't own it, but had lived there during the depression and had been share croppers. After talking with my uncle, I learned my grandpa was actually born in this house.
Now, over the course of the years, I've forgotten many of the details, but I always remember that day with Grandpa each time I pass by. Yesterday, on my way home to my parents, I stopped to take a few photos. From the looks of things, I imagine the house is a few weeks away from demolition. I'm glad I had my camera in hand.





No comments:
Post a Comment