Well, we've been busy around here the past few weeks, so I apologize for not having many posts lately. It seems that we've been going, going, going...but of course, I haven't been taking pictures like I should!
A few weeks ago, we went with some of our friends to a horse pull. There is one in Iowa, over Labor Day, but we always have to leave before it starts...so, when one came up locally, we wanted to be sure and go. It was quite fascinating! I can't believe how strong those horses are. It's such a mix of emotions; excited to see the pull, but sad to see the horses work SO hard. I have a couple pictures of the kiddos, but none of the actual horse pull :)
I'm obviously not the best photographer. They were so cute sitting in the chair together, but I didn't do a very god job of capturing it!
All of the boys!
Ben, Addie and Katie all went to Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Jim's house last weekend. They had so much fun without their parents...they made cookies, decorated pumpkins (straight out of Grandma Debbie's garden), played outside, went to church, and played, played, played! Ben didn't even make it out of the car before he was telling me about his pumpkin and Grandma Debbie's cookies! Of course, once again, I don't have many pictures. Mom took a bunch, but I only have one on my computer.
Katie and Ben decorating their pumpkins
Andy and I enjoyed our weekend while Ben was away at Grandma Debbie's. Of course, we hate to be away from our little guy, but it was nice to have two days to ourselves. The Extension Homemaker club I'm a member of went to Oliver Winery on Saturday. I have been to the winery before, but it was nice to go back. They had added several new wines to the tasting menu, and I added a few new wines to my collection! We had so much fun! No pictures of this adventure, but I can promise you that the eight of us had a blast. Andy was busy having fun back home, getting things ready to go for harvest...so we both had a great weekend!
Our schedules are starting to slow down, just in time for the first virus of the school year. Ben came down with a fever last night, so I was home today and Daddy will be home with him tomorrow. Thankfully, this one's just a fever. Ben is happy as can be, playing and running around like normal...just dealing with a fever...yuck!
Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon, and just in time for the weekend. I'm thinking this one will be a slower-paced weekend...the kind of weekend that calls for a dress code of pj's and no makeup!
No comments:
Post a Comment